How to secure a vending spot during the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic 2021

Vendors interested in selling items on days leading up to or during the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic on Oct. 9, 2021 in Birmingham, AL,  may do so on properties along Graymont Avenue or on Legion Field property. Please see details below on how to obtain a City of Birmingham business license, remit sales tax, etc.

  1. If selling along Graymont Avenue, which is across from Legion field, the vendor must get permission from the property owner to sell goods. Usually, the property owner will charge a rental fee. Such a fee and written agreement for the vendor to be present should be  worked out between the vendor and property owner.
  2. Vendors interested in selling inside the Legion Field stadium or on Legion Field property, must contact Keita Young 205-252-9431 or send emails to
  3. Securing a vendor spot on private property along Graymont Avenue or at Legion Field, does not exempt the vendor from obtaining a Birmingham business license or from paying Birmingham sales taxes. Each vendor must have a Birmingham business license in order to vend during the game or other events. Please contact the City of Birmingham’s Finance Department at City Hall at 205-254-2198 to secure a business license.  The Finance Department is located on the first floor of City Hall, 710 – 20th St. North. They are open from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. You may also go online to get a business license. Visit .
  4. Business licenses can be obtained prior to the game or the day of the game. City representatives will be checking vendors on game day to ensure everyone is licensed.
  5. Sales tax for any sales made during the game will be collected prior to the game ending. All vendors will receive envelopes from the City of Birmingham to remit sales tax. If a vendor or vendors do not receive a visit from a Finance Department rep for collection, vendors are still responsible for mailing in sales tax within a week of the game ending. Vendors should use the envelopes they received from the Finance Department.
  6. For property owners who will have food vendors on their property, the property owner is required to obtain a health department waiver for the selling of food. The property owner must also give the health department a list of all food vendors that will be on their property. Waivers are available at the Jefferson County Department of Health. Their number is 205-933-9110.  Health department waivers will be checked on game day.
  7. Questions on business licenses? Please send emails to Gregory Stanley, senior revenue examiner with the City of Birmingham, at