How to secure a vending spot during the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic 2022
Vendors interested in selling items on days leading up to or during the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic on Oct. 8, 2022 in Birmingham, AL, may do so on properties along Graymont Avenue or on Legion Field property. Please see details below on how to obtain a City of Birmingham business license, remit sales tax, etc.
How to secure a vending spot for the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic 2022
Vendors interested in selling items on days leading up to or during the Morehouse Tuskegee Classic on Oct. 8, 2022, in Birmingham, AL, may do so on properties along Graymont Avenue or on Legion Field property. Please see details below on how to obtain a City of Birmingham business license, remit sales tax, etc.
- Vendors wishing to sell on Legion Field property must contact Leroy Everson at 205-254-2401 or via email at Leroy.Everson@birminghamal.gov. Legion Field is located at 400 Graymont Ave.
- Vendors are not allowed to sell in the tailgating area of Legion Field. All vendors selling on Legion Field property are assigned a designated space.
- If selling along Graymont Avenue, which is across from Legion field, the vendor must get permission from the property owner to sell goods. Usually, the property owner will charge a rental fee. Such a fee and written agreement for the vendor to be present should be worked out between the vendor and property owner.
- Securing a vendor spot on private property along Graymont Avenue or at Legion Field, does not exempt the vendor from obtaining a Birmingham business license or from paying Birmingham sales taxes. Each vendor must have a Birmingham business license in order to vend during the game or other events. Please contact the City of Birmingham’s Finance Department at City Hall at 205-254-2198 to secure a business license. The Finance Department is located on the first floor of City Hall, 710 – 20th St. North. They are open from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Business licenses can be obtained prior to the game or the day of the game. City representatives will be checking vendors on game day to ensure everyone is licensed.
- Sales tax for any sales made during the game will be collected. Sales tax due to Birmingham is 4 percent. All vendors will receive envelopes from the City of Birmingham to remit sales tax. Vendors are required to mail in their tax to the City of Birmingham within 5 business days of the game ending. A self-addressed envelope will be provided to every vendor. If sales tax is not received within 5 days after the game, an invoice will be sent to the taxpayer, requesting that the tax be remitted. Again, vendors should use the envelopes they received from the Finance Department.
- For property owners who will have food vendors on their property, the property owner is required to obtain a health department waiver for the selling of food. The property owner must also give the health department a list of all food vendors that will be on their property. Waivers are available at the Jefferson County Department of Health. Their number is 205-933-9110. Health department waivers will be checked on game day.
- Questions on business licenses? Vendors may call 205-254-2198 or call Titania Brown at 205-254-2497. The office is open on weekdays from 8 a.m.to 4:45 p.m. CST. Vendors may also send emails to Gregory Stanley, senior revenue examiner with the City of Birmingham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.